A few weeks ago, I stopped at a yard sale and found a few goodies. One of the things that I purchased was this old piece of pottery for 25 cents. Too good to pass up but not quite sure what purpose I had for it. After sitting on my desk for a few days, it finally dawned on me what a perfect job it could have. To be the new Cinnamon Sugar shaker!
I believe that it was a part of a salt and pepper set, but there was only one. And it is rather large, measuring a little over 5 inches tall. Here it is sitting with my current cinnamon sugardispenser and a normal set of salt and pepper shakers. If anyone has any more information about this piece, I'd be glad to hear it. Now the only thing to finish this project off will be to find some cork stoppers for the bottom.
And I thought that I would share some other pictures of unique containers that I use in the kitchen.
Here on top of my stove, I have my cute little vampire salt & pepper set. I've had these two for a long time and would use them for cooking. But I have since started using a small bowl for salt to sprinkle in the pasta water or to add a little taste. In the tomato shaker, I have Morton's Natures' Seasoning which I love to use on almost everything!
These are in my pantry. I have a vintage sugar and flour containers from the '40's that I use. The sugar container gets used almost daily, since all Dane & I drink is Sweet Tea. The tin in the middle holds my long grain rice, and the container on the right holds Bisquick. I love to make Garlic Cheese Biscuits...yum!
The rice container was purchased a long time ago from Tuesday Morning. I love the "Save the Dragons" logo!Hope you had fun looking in my kitchen! Still trying to find a home for everything. I would like to start hanging my few pieces of Transferware up, but the only availabe wallspace is right beside the garage door and the wall shakes, so I'm hesitant on putting plates on that wall. And I need to purchase a tension rod to hang up some curtains. But slowly things are coming together to make our happy home.




2 comments:
Hi Kristal,
Your container collection is very nice. And your new Cinnamon Sugar shaker is great!
Have fun in that kitchen of your tonight! Enjoy!!
xox
Constance
Your collections is so amazing:-)
Post a Comment