Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Book Marker for Everyone

My little fingers have been very busy this last week. I joined a Book marker Swap at Paperback Swap. We had to make 15 book markers & will receive 15 in return. I really thought this would be easy, but ya know me, I can't do anything easy! They took me almost 3 days to make! But I had a lot of fun making them! I even got a few extra made & I'm thinking of posting them on Esty. What do ya think? Are they worth $4 a piece?
This is my favorite!

So, am I the only one who's noticed a slight chill in the mornings the last few days? I am so ready to pull out all the Halloween decorations! I really might start working on that next week. We are going on vacation (to Mobile) the next to last week of October, so I want to enjoy my decorating for as long as I can!
Charlie helped me hang an antique mailbox that I use as a flowerpot on the wall of the outside front foyer. I had picked up a lavender colored mum & some yellow moss to fill it with. I still need to finish off the rest of the porch. Pictures coming real soon.

I had to work at the school yesterday. I'm really enjoying the fellowship with the other ladies. And Dane is really enjoying school. They have started an after-school program that last from 1:30-3 pm. It pays $30!! And Dane can go with me, so I signed up for that too. Now, if I can just get one of these evil credit cards paid off, I'll feel much better :0)

2 comments:

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Kristal,
Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving your sweet note. It's nice to meet you!
Your book tags look great.
Congrats on your new car, too.
I fight the urge to get an old mustang everyday! Boy those first cars really have a pull on us.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey! You bet they are worth at least $4 if not $5! Glad you are staying busy - that's really important as you move around. Looking forward to pics of the house. Check my MySpace and have a look at my grandbabies! They are precious; but I'm a little biased!